From today, people who are eligible for the first purpose built cost rental homes at Enniskerry Road, Stepaside, Dublin will be able to begin the application process. These cost rental homes will be managed by Respond and Tuath Housing and are being delivered for Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council on land provided by the Housing Agency under the land aggregation scheme.
The application process is today being launched on DAFT.ie and eligible tenants will be randomly selected. The 50 2-bedroom apartments will be let from October 2021 at a monthly rent of €1,200, a significant reduction when compared to market rents for 2-bedroom apartments in this location. The rent charged to tenants will cover the cost of delivering, managing and maintaining these homes and will not be driven by market movements. People who are eligible can register at www.respond.ie and www.tuathhousing.ie. We strongly advise that people check their eligibility before applying. This includes:
- Net household income is below €53,000 per annum.
- Not in receipt of any form of social housing support (Including a HAP payment).
- Do not own a property.
- Household size is appropriate to the size of the property advertised.
- Ability to pay the rent for the property.
- That the household has only entered one application for cost rental property per development.
The project is the result of an innovative collaboration between Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, the Housing Agency, Respond and Tuath Housing Associations. Funding for the development is being provided through the Housing Finance Agency and the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage.