The Government has today agreed that Level 5 as set out in the Plan for Living with COVID will apply nationwide from tonight until April 5th. Level 5 is the highest and most serious level and has the strictest measures implemented.
The Level 5 restrictions are as follows:
- People are asked to STAY AT HOME except to exercise within five kilometers from their home
- People must work from home unless it is necessary to attend in person (essential workers eg doctors, nurses and retail assistants)
- No visitors are allowed to your house
- No organised events are to take place
- No indoors and outdoor gatherings are permitted, other than attending funerals (10 mourners) or weddings which is limited to six guests
- Only essential retail are to remain open
- Cafes, restaurants and bars/wet pubs are only to offer a takeaway or delivery service
- Hotels, guesthouses and B&Bs are open for essential purposes only
- Public transport is limited to 25% capacity. It is reccomended to avoid public transport and to cycle or walk if possible
- Schools, creches and universities will remain open however further reccomendations will be made based on cases numbers in an area
- Visiting to care houses has been suspended
- Face coverings must be worn on public transport and in shops
There are some additions to Level 5:
- Schools will reopen from 1st March for Junior Infants to 2nd Class
- The remaining classes back from 15th March
- Other childcare is set to reopen on 29th March
- From April 5 the Government will consider easing restrictions
You can read more about Level 5 here.
Within the last 24 hours another 45 people have died alongside 575 new cases confirmed. 218 of which being in Dublin.
45 further deaths.
575 new confirmed cases.@VirginMediaNews #Covid19Ireland
— Zara King (@ZaraKing) February 23, 2021
The measures that are to be implemented have come at the behest of the National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) who have expressed concern at rising case numbers in recent weeks and have subsequently offered recommendations to the Government for implementation.
If you are struggling, do be aware that there are support lines available. We have compiled a list here.