The Irish Goverment has announced that there will be several new measures set to be implemented until Sunday the 13th of September.
The announcement comes after 711 people have been shown to have tested positive for the Coronavirus in the last seven days.
The measures that are to be implemented have come at the behest of the National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) who have expressed concern at rising case numbers in recent weeks and have subsequently offered recommendations to the Government for immediate implementation.
The restrictions are as follows:
– Avoid public transport (unless absolutely necessary)
– All sport is to be played behind closed doors
– Work from home where possible
– Gardaí are to be given new powers to enforce social distancing
– Maximum of 6 guests to your home
– Maximum of 15 people gathering outdoors
– If travelling in a vehicle with someone who isn’t from your household, we’re now being told to wear face coverings
– Elderly and Vulnerable people are asked to limit their movements and to go to supermarkets at their allocated times