Storm Eunice is set to make landfall overnight and several red, orange and yellow warnings will be in place. Together FM has compiled some general health and safety tips ahead of the storm to ensure you are prepared where ever you are.
- Tune into your local radio station for the hourly news for frequent updates (for weather/power outages/travel disruption etc) over the next couple of days.
- In the event of a power outage, ensure all electronics are fully charged in case of an emergency.
- Due to the strong winds, it is advised to take down or secure any structure that may get blown away eg a trampoline.
- All road users should be aware of hazardous travel conditions. It is reccomended to only undertake necessary journeys only. It is advised to slow down and pay attention to vunerable road users.
- Strong winds may knock down electricity wires. Do not approach these in case they are live and phone ESB Networks immediately on 1800 372 999 and 021 238 2410.
- In the rare event of being in a red warning, the public is advised to seek shelter for the duration of the warning.
You can keep up to date with Met Eireann here.