Further Covid Restrictions Lifted In Time For Christmas
Image via RTÉ
More strict restrictions are being lifted today. The easings come after the government announced its plan to reopen for Christmas.
Commenting on the easing of restrictions, Taoiseach Micheál Martin said: “This cannot and will not be the kind of Christmas we are used to but it will be a very special time when we will all be able to enjoy some respite from the hardships of 2020″
As of today:
- You can travel anywhere in Ireland
- There should be maximum of 2 other households visiting your home
- In outdoor settings away from your home or garden, a maximum of 3 households can meet while maintaining strict physical distancing.
- Non contact training only in pods of up to 15
- On Christmas Day, the Government are advising to use recyclable (paper) plates and cutlery and to avoid hugs, kisses and handshakes if having guests over.
Here is a list of what you can do, including todays new easings.
All these lifted measures will remain in effect until January 6th where they will be reviewed and subsequent advice will be issued then however the Government will be meeting over the coming days to discuss the spike in cases recently.
The information provided has been sourced from the Level 3 advice on the official government website. You can find more information here.