Dublin Bus will move to what it calls “an enhanced Saturday Schedule” for Monday to Friday services. The reasoning behind this change is due to low demand from commuters alongside Level 5 Restrictions. The change comes into effect on Monday, January 18th 2021 and will see a Saturday schedule for Monday-Friday with added departures during peak times. On Saturday and Sundays, the normal Saturday and Sunday schedule will kick in and will return to an enhanced Saturday schedule on weekdays until further notice.
The news was confirmed in a tweet by Dublin Bus CEO, Ray Coyne:
➡️From Monday 18 January @dublinbusnews Monday-Friday services will move to a Saturday+ service.
➡️ This means services will operate the normal Saturday level of service with enhanced frequency at key times.
You can find out more ⤵️https://t.co/QKyB5dqAIv#DBSvcUpdate
— Ray Coyne (Please wear a face covering 😷) (@ray_dublin) January 14, 2021
Just a friendly remember that:
- Buses are operating at a 25% capacity rate at the point of writing this article (Level 5)
- Face coverings are mandatory on all buses.
- Buses are for essential journeys only.
- Hand sanitizers are now available on all Go Ahead Ireland’s fleet and some of Dublin Bus’ fleet.
Here are the added times for local routes (that serve either Ballyfermot or the surrounding areas) on top of already existing times:
- The 25a from Lucan (Esker Church) will see 5 added departures
- The 25a from Merrion Square will see no added departures.
- The 25b from Adamstown Station will see 4 added depatures
- The 25b from Merrion Square will see no extra departures.
- The 25d from Adamstown Station will see an extra departure at 07:26.
- The 25d from Merrion Square will also see an extra depature time but at 17:25.
- The 25x from Lucan will have an extra departure at 07:50 (via Kew Park).
- The 25x from UCD will have an additional departure at 17:30.
- The 26 from Liffey Valley* will see several extra departures (*note some leave from West County Hotel)
- 06:25 (*from Liffey Valley)
- 06:25 (*from West County Hotel)
- 06:55 (*from Liffey Valley)
- 07:25 (*from West County Hotel)
- 08:25 (*from West County Hotel)
- 09:40 (*from West County Hotel)
- The 26 from Merrion Square won’t see any additonal changes.
- The 40 from Liffey Valley will see 2 additional departures
- The 40 from Charlestown will see an extra 4 departure times
- The 51d from Clondalkin will see an additonal departure at 07:30.
- The 51d from Aston Quay will have an extra departure time of 17:15 .
- The 66 from Maynooth won’t have an extra depature slot.
- The 66 from Merrion Square will see 2 added times
- The 66x from Straffan Road* will have a couple of added times
- 07:20 (*from Straffan Road)
- 07:45 (*from Castletown)
- 07:55 (*from Captain’s Hill)
- 08:00 (*from Easton Road)
- The 66x from UCD will also have a couple of extra departures
- 16:50 (to Straffan Road via Easton Road)
- 17:00 (to Captain’s Hill)
- 17:10 (to Straffan Road via Easton Road)
- 17:20 (to Castletown)
- The 67 from Maynooth will see two additional departures
- The 67 from Merrion Square will see an additional departure time at 07:08
- The 67x from Salesian College will see several additonal departures
- 07:20 (via Aghard’s Road)
- 07:30 (via Aghard’s Road)
- 7:30 (via Celbridge Main Street)
- 07:40 (via Aghard’s Road)
- 07:50 (via Celbridge Main Street)
- The 67x from UCD will see several additonal times
- 16:50 (via Celbridge Main Street)
- 17:10 (via Aghard’s Road)
- 17:20 (via Aghard’s Road)
- 17:20 (via Celbridge Main Street)
- 17:30 (via Aghard’s Road)
- The 79 from Spiddal Park will see one extra departure at 06:20.
- The 79 from Aston Quay won’t have an extra departure.
- The 79a from Park West will have an extra time slot at 06:40.
- The 79a from Aston Quay will not see any new departures.
- The 83 from Harristown will see a 05:45 extra time.
- The 83 from Kimmage has no additional times.
- The 122 from Drimnagh see four additonal times
- The 122 from Ashington will see three additonal times
- The 123 from Walkinstown will see three additonal departure slots
- The 123 from Marino will see three additonal departure slots
Please note that the routes listed are local to Ballyfermot and the surrounding areas. To find out other routes with additional times, check out the dedicated Dublin Bus website found in the sources section of this article
These changes come into effect on Monday, January 18th 2021 until further notice.
#DBSvcUpdate For an update on Dublin Bus Services from 18 January 2021 please visit https://t.co/19VfbPfR8S pic.twitter.com/PhstItV8ix
— dublinbusnews (@dublinbusnews) January 14, 2021
Customers can also get updates on Dublin Bus’ Facebook, Twitter or call their customer service line on (01) 8734222, lines open from 07:00 – 19:00hrs Monday to Friday and 08:00 – 18:00hrs Saturday, Sunday and public holidays.
COVID-19 Travel Information: New timetables in effect from Monday 18 January