Two major public transport companies in Dublin and the Greater Dublin Area, Dublin Bus and Go Ahead Ireland, have confirmed their St. Patrick’s Day 2021 operating hours.
Both companies will operate a Sunday service on March 17th and will return to their respective modified Saturday schedules on Thursday.
On the Dublin Bus website, it says: “we wish to advise customers that a Sunday service will operate on Wednesday 17 March 2021”.
#DBSvcUpdate St. Patrick’s Day Arrangements 2021 https://t.co/xM3xceF042 pic.twitter.com/QdMT0gzNhC
— dublinbusnews (@dublinbusnews) March 10, 2021
Go-Ahead Ireland confirmed on Twitter that “all services will run on [a] sunday schedule” on St Patrick’s Day.
#GAIUpdate : On Wednesday 17th of March – #StPatricksDay , all #GAI services will run on Sunday schedule.Public transport is operating at 25% capacity for essential journeys only. Please avoid peak times where possible and use Leap Card to pay for your journey where available. pic.twitter.com/p3SOigtN5S
— Go-Ahead Ireland (@GoAheadIreland) March 15, 2021
- Buses are operating at a 25% capacity rate
- Dublin Bus are running on an Enhanced Saturday Schedule
- Go-Ahead Ireland are providing a Saturday Plus Schedule
- Face coverings are mandatory on all buses
- Only use buses for essential journeys only
- Hand sanitizers are now available on all Go Ahead Ireland’s fleet and some of Dublin Bus’ fleet