Almost 10% Of Irish People Have Gotten A Vaccination
Just when things seem to have taken a turn for the worse, some postive and uplifting news has broken.
Today, it has been confirmed that almost 10% of Irish people have been administered some sort of vaccine.
So far, 654,251 doses of a covid vaccine have been given in Ireland. This means roughly 9.6% of the Irish population have recieved their vaccination.
- 478,725 people have received their first dose.
- 175,526 people have received their second dose. This is roughly 3.5% of the entire population.
As of March 18th, 654,251 doses of #COVID19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
— Department of Health (@roinnslainte) March 21, 2021
The breakdown of the various different vaccines given look like this:
- Pfizer: 504,410
- AstraZeneca: 129,352
- Moderna: 20,489
COVID-19 Vaccines 🇮🇪
(Thursday / 18-03-21)
‣ First dose: 478,725 (+10,397)
‣ Second dose: 175,526 (+4,268)
‣ Total: 654,251 (+14,665)
‣ Pfizer: 504,410
‣ AZ: 129,352
‣ Moderna: 20,489
‣ % pop. with first dose: ~9.6%
‣ % pop. fully vaccinated: ~3.5%
— COVID-19 Data Ireland (@COVID19DataIE) March 21, 2021
You may ask yourself, how did these companies develop their vaccine so quickly? Well, we have broken this down in a previous article called How Was A COVID-19 Vaccine Developed So Fast | COVID Vaccine Explained.